REST & RELAX
There is a reason why our area has so many rocking chairs and hammocks! Although Georgetown County is only 30 minutes from Myrtle Beach, it is worlds away. Quiet sunsets and reflective moments are mostly few and far between in these busy days, but not here!
Of course there are plenty of ways to keep busy on the Hammock Coast, but take it from a local – here are a few of our favorite ways to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy some well deserved rest!
1. Paddleboard Yoga or Beach yoga. We have several local businesses that will outfit you for a session floating along our beautiful waterways or a sunrise yoga session on the beach!
2. Kick back and relax in an Original Pawleys Island Rope Hammock, or rock the afternoon away on an oceanfront, or inlet view porch at one of our extraordinary vacation rentals!
3. Relax and Rejuvenate with a nurturing massage and spa treatments at one of the areas many Salon & Spas.
4. Take in some rays, read a book, or just take a nap on the beach – with miles of secluded and pristine beaches it will be easy to find a spot for peace and quiet.
5. Spend your vacation at one of our local B&Bs. Each one of these lovely inns has it’s own character and claim to fame. Ever had any of our area’s famous Palmetto Cheese? The Sea View Inn on Pawleys Island is the birthplace of this truly addictive delicacy! Remember the movie “The Patriot”? Mansfield Plantation outside of Georgetown was featured in much of the movie. Mansfield also boasts one of the only surviving rice winnowing barns from the heyday of rice production in Georgetown County.
Do everything or do nothing – it’s your vacation!